- 6 pieces of Chicken, thawed (I used two laps of a 1.4kg chicken, so approximately 750g)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- 3-4 scotch bonnet pepper, crushed
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- 3 seasoning cubes (maggi)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder or seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice or white vinegar
- 4 cloves (optional)
- 2 green cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 4 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsps oil
- Salt to taste
Here's what you do
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add garlic, ginger, chili paste and yoghurt and mix well.
- Season with maggi cubes, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and salt to combine.
- Let it sit for at least 1-2 hours or overnight in the fridge
- Cut the carrots and potatoes into chunky pieces and slice the onions
- Preheat oven to the 220 degrees
- Heat oil in a frying pan and place the chicken skin side up to brown and seal the marinade
- When chicken is browned, remove from heat and set aside
- Add carrots, potatoes and onions (cloves and cardamom too, but they're optional) to the same frying pan and let them wear in the juices from the chicken
- Pour any excess or leftover marinade over them and let them cook for 5 minutes
- Transfer the veggies into a casserole dish and pour beef stock (alternative: seasoning cube + salt in 1 cup of water)
- Place the browned chicken pieces over the veggies.
- Cover the casserole dish with the lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, then remove the lid to dry out the chicken.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then serve with rice, Lebanese bread, fries, steamed veggies or couscous.
That's it guys!
I do hope you try it out! It's easy and so yummy!
Do you like chicken?
Do you have a recipe you want me try out?
Let me know in the comments below!
Lots of spicy love,